Introducing Alain...

Gemma, Arianna and Rosa... 
Gemma, Arianna e Rosa... 
I started making these dolls some time ago, these come from that kind of projects I start when I want to sew something different, I suppose I have time and I will finish everything in a blink of an eye, unlike is all the opposite!
Ho cominciato a fare queste bambole qualche mese fa, questi sono dei "progettini" che credo di concludere in poco tempo invece, ci metto una vita!
It took me like 5 months to make these dolls... how fast am I?. I'm kidding.
Ci ho messo soltanto 5 mesi a concludere queste bambole... ma quanto sono veloce?. Scherzo. 
I started using a pattern from the book Intemporels pour bébés Tome 2 by Astrid Le Provost.
I confess I'm not very much into the "following instructions" thing so I already started wanting a larger size doll than the one in the pattern, then I realized the body wasn't my favorite so I started making some trials for the body construction.
L'idea mi è venuta da un cartamodello che si trova nel libro Intemporels pour bébés Tome 2 di Astrid Le Provost. 
Raramente seguo l'istruzioni (mannaggia a me!) quindi già dall'inizio ho cominciato a fare a modo mio. Volevo anche le bambole più grandi rispetto a quella del cartamodello. Siccome il corpicino della bambola del libro non mi convinceva, ho deciso di fare uno nuovo. 

My very first one was Arianna. Her body was a sort of upgrade from the original in the book but it still didn't make me happy.
For Gemma I traced a new pattern based on my pinterest research, she came out pretty well, I think.
It was a struggle to attach her arms though.
La primissima che ho finito è stata Arianna. Il corpo comunque non mi piaceva e ho fatto ancora più ricerca su pinterest. Per fare Gemma ho disegnato dei nuovi pezzi. Attaccare le braccia però è stata dura. Il torso é stretto. 
Arianna & Gemma

I did some more research and I learned from 2 great doll makers a way to attach the arms!
Beata from TheDollsUnique and Morgan from KingSoleil attach their dolls arms with buttons. Great idea!
I traced a new arms shape for Alain and attached his arms with buttons.
Ho fatto ancora più ricerca e da 2 brillanti artigiane che fanno bambole, ho preso spunto per attaccare le braccia! Beata di TheDollsUnique e Morgan di KingSoleil usano dei bottoni per attaccare le estremità. Buonissima idea!


Initially Alain was a girl but my youngest girl said this doll looks alike one of her classmates, he really does! We call him Alain as the real little boy. For his outfit I took some hints from Tilda books.
For Alain I also made a super hero cape and a mask, my girls wasn't very convinced about his super hero outfit but when they finally saw it, they loved it.
Alain invece é nato come una bambola bimba, mia figlia piccola però ha detto che assomiglia a uno dei suoi compagni di asilo di nome Alain. E sì, ci si assomiglia proprio!. L'abbiamo chiamato Alain come il bambino vero e allora è diventato maschio. Per i suoi vestiti ho preso spunto dai libri di Tilda. 




The last I made was Rosa, you don't see her in these pictures. I have a little surprise for you in the next post... stay tuned!
L'ultima bambola è stata Rosa, che non c'è in queste foto. Ho una piccola sorpresa per voi... da svelare nel prossimo post. Vi aspetto!




Pin It

Commenti

Post più popolari