One top, three ways - 3 camicette, un cartamodello

I've been making some stuff for my eldest girl, these tops are part of her summer wardrobe made by me. 
Sto cucendo un po' di cose per le estate, come questi top per la mia figlia più grande. 



Some years ago a dear dutch friend who knew about my sewing obsession gave me an issue of Knippie. She was  sorry it was a very scruffy issue but... "they were throwing it away, I saw it and thought about you!". I loved her.
Qualche anno fa una cara amica olandese che sapeva della mia fissa con il cucito mi ha regalato una rivista Knippie. Era un po' dispiaciuta che la rivista fosse usata e molto trasandata ma ha detto che stavano per buttarla e appena l'ha vista nel mucchio ha pensato a me, io sicuramente l'avrei apprezzata. Che cara!

It came out it is a very great Knippie issue!
This top comes from it.
Tra tutti gli esemplari che Knippie ha pubblicato, questo è uno che vale oro!
Il cartamodello che ho usato come base per questo top viene da li'. 



I used it as a "shell" for making my own versions. The original is the one you see on top on the right (also the green jacket is great!). I made some changes to the original, for example, I didn't use a zipper closure but a button closure, because this way my girl can dress herself by her own, I also changed/added little details according what I had in my fabric stash.
Ho fatto qualche modifica all'originale. Ad esempio, non ho usato la chiusura a lampo dietro, perché per mia figlia è più facile abbottonare un bottone che tirare su una lampo. Poi ho aggiunto qualche particolare a seconda le stoffe che ho selezionato per la realizzazione. 

No. 1
I had this small piece of blue and white stripes fabric since ages, it was part of a half yard bundle I got somewhere. As it was less than the original half yard, I pieced it so at least the front could fit in this remnant. For the back I used a white batiste cotton.
Per il primo ho utilizzato uno scampolo di cotonina americana in righe azzurro e bianco, ne avevo molto meno del mezzo metro (circa) originale quindi, ho fatto in modo di far stare tutto il davanti nella quantità di stoffa che avevo a disposizione. Il dietro l'ho completato con della batista bianca. 


No. 2
This one is made from white cotton swiss dots.
I added a ruffle as a collar.
I decided to put it in the shop since I have access to swiss dots all year round and it is a material I work with a lot.
The ruffle and the fabric make this top very precious.
It will become very handy for special occasions if paired with a pretty skirt or fancy bottoms. But it will be also very loved for every day wear. It's very light and it will keep my girl fresh during the muggy milanese summer.
So... I can sew it for you too! Find it here.
Il secondo l'ho fatto con plumetis bianco. 
Ho aggiunto un volant al collo. 
Il tessuto e il volant l'hanno impreziosito molto. Quindi questo l'useremo per una occasione speciale ma viene comodo anche per il resto dell'afosa estate milanese. 
Siccome lavoro parecchio con il plumetis, ho deciso di metterlo anche nello shop. Lo trovate qui. 



No. 3
This is the last one I made in this batch.
It's made from linen remnants.
The yellow was one of my favorite linens I've worked with.
The color and the texture are beyond beauty.
It was my very last remnant from it and I had a hard time deciding if this top was worth... haha... I'm that ridiculous.
I made it.
My girl loves yellow... and what else could I have ever made from such a small piece of fabric?
I have this drawer where I keep my most beloved fabric treasures... it belonged to this drawer.
I added ruffles on the shoulder line.
Il terzo l'ho fatto in lino. Ho usato 2 scampolini piccoli piccoli. 
Quello giallo era uno dei miei tesori e uno dei lini più belli che ho mai cucito. 
Mi era rimasto solo un piccolo scampolo che tenevo da parte nel mio cassetto dei tesori, ero veramente indecisa se utilizzarlo per questo top o no. Ma poi mi sono decisa. Mia figlia adora il giallo... e poi che altro avrei potuto fare di più bello con una quantità così piccola?
Ho aggiunto dei volant sulle spalle. 



I'm glad my girl loved them. Since she can perform "au" capoeira move and also "macaco" wearing them... she is ok!
Alla ragazza sono piaciuti. Soprattuto perché permettono di fare "au" e anche "macaco",  mosse da capoeirista. Siamo a posto quindi :)




Pin It

Commenti

Post più popolari